Last updated on December 13th, 2015
Songkick, a company registered under the laws of England and Wales as Songkick.com Limited, with registered offices at 12-18 Hoxton Street, Third Floor, London N1 6NG (together with its parent, subsidiaries and other affiliates, (the “Company”, “Songkick”, we, “our” or “us”) respects your right to privacy and we take our related legal obligations seriously. As we wish to be transparent at all times about how we handle your information, we ask that you read the policy below for details about how your information will be used, when and how it may be disclosed to others and your rights in relation to the information we hold. Please read this policy carefully. By providing information to us or using any of the “Sites” (as hereinafter defined), you are agreeing to the terms set forth herein.
We use the term personal information or your “information” to refer to information that may either directly or indirectly identify you as an individual. This information can include, your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number or other payment account number or information, and in certain circumstances demographic information, interests and preferences. Your personal information may be kept by us in an identifiable format, or in an aggregate format which means that you cannot reasonably be identified from it. In order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through any of the Sites and/or the Songkick Services, we may require that you furnish personal information.
By using any of the Sites or the Songkick Services, you are accepting and consent to the use of your personal information by Songkick in accordance with this Policy and your visit to the applicable Sites and use of the Songkick Services is subject to this Policy. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Policy, please do not use the Sites or Songkick Services. We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy. Any material changes to this Policy will be notified to you, for example when you next use our services through any of the Sites. We advise you to check for any updates regularly. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the “Last updated” section at the top of this page. Your use of the Sites and Songkick Services following such changes shall constitute your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect.
2. Information We Collect
a. Information you provide to us
We may collect and process information you give us about you by filling in forms on any of the Sites or furnished by you through or on the Songkick Services, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise (such as your name, postal and e-mail address). This includes information you provide when you register to use the Songkick or Artist Website(s), subscribe to any of the Songkick Services or place an order on any of the Sites. Types of such information collected and processed include your full name, postal address, e-mail address, user names and passwords, including the user names and passwords for your accounts and profiles on third party sites with which the Songkick Service interoperates.
We may collect other types of information depending on the Artist we work with, or for a particular program, partnership, marketing initiative or promotion.
b. Information collected by us when you use the Sites
- Server Log Files. Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit any of the Sites, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. Through the use of web logs or log files, we may also gather information such as date, time, browser type, navigation history, and IP addresses of all visitors to any of the Sites. We use this information for our internal security audit, log, trend and behavioral analysis, system administration and fraud detection purposes and to gather broad demographic and geographical information about our user base. We may also associate this information with any information you provide to us.
- Other Technical Information. We may also collect certain other technical information, such as your MAC address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, OS version, Internet browser, and Internet browser version. We use this information to optimize your experience on any of the Sites.
c. Data collected from children
Our services, whether offered directly at songkick.com (e.g, where you may open an account with an e-mail address), through the Songkick Services or as an integrated plug-in with an Artist Website or fan page, are not directed to nor intended for individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that such individuals do not provide personal information (be it their own or such information of others) through the Sites or the Songkick Services or on other sites or pages which are integrated with our services.
We are committed to protecting children’s privacy and we strive to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We do not knowingly collect or store personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are a parent or guardian of a child who is under thirteen (13) years in age and you become aware that your child has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com or otherwise at the details we have provided at the bottom of this Policy, and we will accordingly, delete such information from our records within a reasonable time.
d. Data collected from third parties
We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you use an integrated social media feature on the Sites, the third party social media site may give us certain information about you. This could include your name, e-mail address, music activity and other information. If you are on another website and you agree to share your information with the Sites, that website will forward to us your information. You also may choose to participate in a third party application or feature (such as one of our Facebook or Twitter applications or a similar application or feature on a third party website) through which you allow us to collect and share (or the third party to collect and share) information about you, including personal information. If you access the Sites through a third party connection or log-in, we may also collect your user ID and/or user name associated with the third-party service, and any information you have made public in connection with that service or which the third party shares with partner services.
We also may supplement the information we collect about you through the Sites, with other information from third parties in order to improve our services and the operation of the Sites and to enforce our Terms and Conditions.
3. What We Use Your Information For
We may use your personal information in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- For fulfillment of requests – to fulfill requests for products or services made available through the Sites or the Songkick Services and to provide you with customer support;
- To offer service related or administrative communications – to send you important information regarding the Sites, our services, our products and new features or changes to our Terms and Conditions and policies;
- To facilitate and improve the operation of the Sites, the services on the Sites, and your use of the Sites;
- For internal business purposes – including data analysis and audits in order to optimize and improve our services;
- To produce aggregated and anonymous data (from which you cannot be identified which we share with third parties) to improve our and their products, services, or content;
- To deliver interest-based advertising based upon your browsing of the Sites and other websites;
- To prevent fraud and other potentially illegal activities (including copyright infringement);
- To block disruptive users, to identify touts/scalpers, and to protect the safety of users of the Sites and the Songkick Services;
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- To send you newsletters, special offers and promotions, including on behalf of Artists (to learn more about your choices for these communications, see the Opting Out section below);
- To assess site trends and customer interests to improve the Sites, products, services and offerings;
- To administer promotions, which we run on behalf of the Artists who engage us for our services;
- For any other purpose for which the information is collected.
4. How We Share Your Information
We may share your information with a number of recipients:
- Disclosure to Artists. One of the main reasons we operate the Sites is to promote closer and more meaningful interaction and engagement between you and Artists. As such, we may share your personal information with these Artists so that such Artists have relevant information about you to better understand their fan and consumer base. When you sign up through any Site to receive news, updates, content, promotions or other communications for a specific Artist, we may share your personal information with that Artist to allow them to market their products, programs, services and promotions to you. We may also share your personal information with other Artists to contact you regarding products, programs, services and promotions that we and such Artist(s) believe may be of interest to you and for any other purpose set out in this Policy. As with other third parties, we are not responsible for such Artists’ use of your personal information.
- Disclosure to Operational Service Providers or Agents. We may share your personal information with Operational Service Providers working under our instruction such as e-mail service providers or data centers or companies or people acting as agents of Songkick to perform tasks on our behalf. We will ensure that such Operational Service Providers and agents act on our instructions and that your information receives the same level of protection as if it was handled by us. Songkick’s agents do not have any right to use personal information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- Disclosure to Business Partners. From time to time, we may enter into co-branded, sponsorship, or other partnership ventures with third party social media or business platforms, or otherwise join with other parties to provide specific services. In connection with each of these partnerships, we may share your information with such business partners to enable them to better target their services and marketing. The particular use of your information by such third parties is governed by their own privacy policies.
- Affiliate Disclosures. We may share your information with our affiliates, and with any entity that acquires or succeeds to Songkick by way of merger, de-merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets.
- Disclosures by Law. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Policy, we may disclose your personal information when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or subpoena or other legal obligation, in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property.
Any sharing of your information other than as described in this Policy will be notified to you in advance.
5. Where We Store Your Information
If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that the information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of your country and the European Economic Area (“EEA”), in particular, the U.S. It may also be processed by any service providers appointed by us who operate outside the EEA and their staff, and/or our own staff based outside of the EEA. By submitting your personal data and information, you agree to this transfer, storing and/or processing outside of the EEA. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is transferred and treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
6. Accessing, Changing and Deleting Your Information
You have the right to access information held about you for the purpose of viewing and in certain cases updating or deleting such information. Typically, such information includes your real name, account and user profile information, user e-mail address, user name and password, user preferences and zip and/or post codes. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with applicable data protection laws by contacting us using the details set out below. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. For any deletion or update request, we will make the changes as soon as practicable, however this information may stay in our backup files. If we cannot make the changes you want, we will let you know and explain why. Please note that when you register for an account through any of the Sites, you consent to receive e-mail and other communications from us and the applicable Artist; if you do not wish to receive such communications, you should not register for an account on the Sites.
7. The Songkicker
The Songkick Services include a software component known as the Songkicker which enables Songkick to capture your musical tastes as demonstrated by the music you keep and listen to in your digital music collection. If you do install the Songkicker, it and the data it captures will operate and will be used by Songkick as follows:
- The Songkicker will send your music listening data (including a list of all songs and playlists in your digital music library) to the Songkick secure servers to be saved by Songkick in our databases;
- Your music listening data is also used to generate concert recommendations, as well as being used by Songkick to improve the Songkick Services for all users, within the limits set by this Policy.
- The Sites will use the data and information collected by the Songkicker to facilitate and improve the operation of the Sites, the services on the Sites, your use of the Sites, and to enforce our Terms and Conditions.
8. Other Important Notices Regarding Our Privacy Practices
a. Third Parties We Work With
This Policy does not govern information you submit via Artist Websites save where submitted using the Songkick Platform. We are not responsible for any use of such data by Artists, regardless of whether it has been submitted through the Songkick Platform or not. The Sites may contain links to Artists or other third party websites. These linked sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any such linked site, or any link contained in any linked site. We provide such links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link on the Sites does not imply endorsement of the linked site by Company or any of its affiliates, or any Artists.
b. Opting Out
We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected from you on the Sites for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the links below to the NAI “Consumer Opt-out,” DAA opt-out, and Google opt-out that are only applicable to participating third parties, which does not include the Company.
In addition, if you would prefer not to receive marketing-related e-mail messages or other advertising from Company, Artists or any other third party covered by this Policy, you may opt-out of receiving such messages when you register or by following the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” instructions in the latest such message you have received. Please note that each environment (online web or mobile app) is separate. If you do not wish to receive any marketing related e-mail messages or other advertising in any particular environment, you must specifically opt-out or “unsubscribe” in such environment. Please also note that following such “unsubscribe” instructions will opt you out of receiving marketing-related e-mail messages from the sender of the particular message from which you initiated the opt-out process, but will not opt you out of receiving such messages from other senders (including, as applicable, Company, the Artists or other third parties).
9. Contacting Us
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us at the details below:
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail:
- 45 Main Street, Suite 406, Brooklyn NY, 11201
- Attn: Privacy Co-ordinator
To view, update and/or rectify your personal information you have on record with us, please contact us at email@example.com.